Thursday, January 11, 2007

Week One recap

Our Wednesday 7:15 Weight Watchers group is great group of folks, all with a common goal, lose weight, and become healthier individuals. We have an assortment of new people and some that have been in the program for a while. My wife Linda and I started January 3rd, 2007. There were quite a few other brand new members that started at the same time as us so it's kinda cool like we are in the same boat, learning new habits in regards to health and nutrition, and at the same time, discarding our old, unhealthy habits.

Linda has had success in the past with Weight Watchers as is very enthusiastic in regards to the program overall. I, being a natural skeptic, had some reservations initially but those have evaporated in the space of just a few days. I have lost 4 pounds in just one week, and I can feel the positive changes in my energy level, and overall attitude towards myself.

I have been wanting to get started with a health improvement program for some time now, but always kept putting it off. That led to kind of a depression regarding my unhappiness with being overweight and not having the motivation to actually put down the pizza and soda pop and actually do something about it.

However, thanks to my lovely wife and life partner, we decided to give each other the gift of improved health and fitness in order to be able to live our wonderful life together for a long-long time.

I love my wife so very much and I know she feels the same about me. So it's only natural that we should embark on this journey together.

The Mission of this blog is to chronicle our daily pursuits in our health improvement goal. We will post recipes that we have tried and like, and the comments portion of the Blog will be an open discussion forum for feedback from 7:15 people as well as anyone else that might be willing to participate.

Good Eating and Good Health to all.

Dave and Linda

No comments: