Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Five Weeks of Successes

Today marks the end of five weeks of Weight Watchers.

It's kinda hard to believe how quickly the time has flown by. I'm looking forward to tonight's weigh-in to see how much I've lost this week. The last 2 weeks have not shown a great deal of weight loss, but the walking and the workouts are definitely re-shaping the ol' pear body.

This past week, I've continued with the walking and the fitness ball. I did not make it to the gym because my right arm/elbow has been hurting. I think I might have pulled something digging ice off the sidewalk, or just slept funny.

Oh well, love that ibuprofen.

My lovely wife Linda is showing tremendous progress. Her jeans are practically falling off her butt, and she is feeling great. We have really gotten in to the routine of healthy eating, scarfing down huge amounts of veggies / fruits / and lots of water.

I am most proud of the fact that we are doing this together, in it to win it. A long-term gift to each other. Love you honey.

Using the fitness ball has not only tightened up my core muscles, but I have devised some exercises to strenghten my quads as well. Also I have been using it for some awesome stretches. Both are really important because I promised my son I'd take him skiing in the next few weeks and I'd like not to pull a groin or a hamstring.

After last week's weigh-in I must admit that I was disappointed that I did not lose more. However it took me many months to tack on all the extra pounds, so I must not be too anxious. One pound a week is a healthy, sustainable amount to lose, and definitely adds up over time.

Super Bowl party was a blast. I admit I probably overdid the cheese dip, but countered with lots of veggies from the veggie tray, and stuck to water for my beverage. (Being DD was a god-send).

My next milestone would be the 10 pound lost marker. I'd sure like to hit that tonight, but won't freak out if I have not quite gotten there. I'll fill y'all in tomorrow with a progress report on myself and Linda.

Health eating to all.

Dave and Linda

No comments: