Friday, February 9, 2007

Temptation

Ok I'm here to report continued loserness. I was down another pound and Linda is down 2 more pounds. Sweet huh ?

On the topic of sweetness it's almost Valentine's day. First Super Bowl Party and now Valentines day. Luckily there is no feasting observed with Presidents Day. Hey Abe, can ya chop down a T-Bone tree for your pal Dave ? Thanks buddy.

So we are faced with another round of temptation. Just like last night when we went to the grocery store. Oh shame on you King Soopers for the bakery department. Cakes and pies and crusty things with filling oozing out the sides. Run ! Run !

Made it home safe and sound after snagging a baked chicken for me and some diet snackie things for the Missus. I must admit I don't really have much of a sweet tooth most days. I prefer a late night snack of peanut butter and milk. Oh George Washington Carver you rock. But to meander back to todays topic, Temptation.

Weight Watchers is designed to be a flexible program. That is one of the strengths of the program, and an important reason participants can remain on the program over the long-haul. To NEVER be able to eat a favorite food (like chocolate for example) would be a form of torture. So under the guidelines of Weight Watchers it is totally OK to splurge once in a while. So every now and then go ahead and just snag a goodie, just count the points and feel good about yourself.

It is much easier over time that way. However use moderation, try to limit portion size, and really savor the goodie. If you love M&Ms get a snack size ziplock baggie and put a few of those yummy morsels in the bag. During the course of your week, if you want to have some M&Ms just pull out the baggie and go for it. That way you won't be tempted to eat the entire bag from the store. Cool.

Also one of our fellow WED 715'ers said this week don't eat the goodies if you are hungry. The logic behind this comment is that the goodie will become a meal, you will overconsume and then feel bad about it. So go ahead, eat your meal and then have a tasty treat. Oh yeah grab one of those crusty oozy pastries for me while you're at it !

Healthy eating to all.

Dave and Linda

1 comment:

Stargazer said...

Hey there, thanks for the comment! Its fun to track how people find ones blogs. I will try that with my laptop when I get home. I REALLY appreciate the tip. Good luck with Weight Watchers, I am about to start too, I just want to learn to eat better really since I am a junk food kinda girl. I highly recommend the WW cookie dough sundaes. They are only 1 point and they taste like REAL icecream :)