Monday, February 18, 2008

Great Start for 2008

February 18, 2008

Greetings fellow losers,

The Weight Watchers journey 2008 is in full swing. Linda is down 8.2 pounds and I'm down around 5 pounds already. Even though I decided not to attend the meetings as a full-fledged member, I do plan to sit in from time to time and lend my moral support to the cause. Linda has told me that some of our 2007 WW buddies have been asking about me, so I think it would be cool to say hi to them. For those who have been (or are currently in) WW, they can attest to the great comraderie, support and sense of family you get from the meetings. Truly amazing. That's why stats prove meeting goers lose so much more on average than the go-it-aloners.

Linda and I have gone back to our strategy of weekly menu planning, and shopping from the prepared list of needed foods. We had our best success when following this plan. That way you have the foods on hand for healthy meal preparation, and you save time, money, and the aggravation of "What are we having for dinner tonight" problem. Plus you have the anticipation factor. "Man I cannot wait until we have the (insert healthy dinner here) fun.

So it's a great start for 2008. One thing that we love is that success breeds success in WW. When you see the scale numbers dropping down, and more importantly your mind and body physically feel better, that motivates you even further to stick with the program. It's easy and fun, and I'm so happy that we are back in the WW program.

Let's all go be losers !

Dave and Linda

No comments: